Controls Engineer located in Anderson, SC for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. Position is responsible for design of electrical control systems for industrial machinery, create electrical drawings for machines and control panels, PLC programming and troubleshooting with machine start up. Candidates will have Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BSEE strongly preferred) with five (5) years' experience in designing control systems for industrial machinery. This is a long-term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!
location: Anderson, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Provide electrical engineering support for manufacturing departments
- Develop and maintain electrical design standards, electrical equipment and material standards
- Review and concur in plant layouts and equipment design for effect on electrical systems and compliance with electrical codes and safety standards
- Create bills of material for electrical components
- Controls, systems design and troubleshooting
- Programming PLC's (Allen-Bradley/Siemens) drives and motion control
- Create electrical drawings using AutoCAD
- Automation Systems Design, networking and systems architecture to support the production process
- Monitor and control activities of the PM and scheduled repair programs
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70E (Arc Flash Analysis) and other regulatory agency compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BSEE strongly preferred)
- Must have five years' experience in designing control systems for industrial machinery.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Allen Bradley/Siemens PLC's, AutoCAD, servo control systems and analog/digital sensors.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage systems
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.