Laboratory Technician located in Winchester, VA at a highly regarded manufacturer of consumer goods. This role is responsible to conduct chemical and physical laboratory testing on finished products, prototype formulas and cosmetic raw materials. To be considered - Associate in chemistry or other science discipline with experience conducting analysis and testing of raw materials, finished product and packaging components. This is a contract opportunity of six months with possible extension. APPLY NOW. Local candidates only.
location: Winchester, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $20.25 - 23.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plans, prepares and conducts testing for product development, performance evaluation, product stability and improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Sets up/calibrates laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for testing, evaluation or process control.
- Prepares prototype formulas developed by Senior Chemist.
- Documents results of testing and analysis in Laboratory Notebook under good laboratory practices.
- Interprets, summarizes and prepares report with data obtained from product testing.
- Works closely with Chemists and QC to conduct analysis and testing of raw materials, finished product and packaging components to ensure they meet specifications.
- Associate in chemistry or other science discipline.
- Experience conducting analysis and testing of raw materials, finished product and packaging components
- Experience conducting chemical and physical testing in a lab setting
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.