Client involved in Electric Utility Transmission & Distribution (T&D) construction projects is looking for 2 Assistant Project Managers to support Electric Substation and Transmission Line engineering & construction projects and Offshore Wind projects. You need to be local to the state of CT.
location: Wallingford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist the Project Manager with estimating, procuring, managing & negotiating equipment and labor contracts for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents in managing field operations for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Help expedite PO's, T&M tracking, cost tracking, forecasting, scoping, etc.
- Involved in cost, schedule and procurement activities
- Develop and maintain effective vendor and client relationships
- 4-12+ years of engineering and/or construction experience on heavy industrial EPC projects.
- You either need experience as an Engineer, Construction Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Jr. Project Manager supporting some sort of heavy industrial type EPC project
- For one of the positions, you must have some experience with T&D or Substation engineering or construction projects
- The other position prefers this experience, but any heavy industrial project experience will work
- You need some experience with any of the following project related areas: management of siting, permitting, engineering, estimating, real estate, project outreach, scheduling, procurement, project controls, contract administration, safety, and field operations,
- BSEE, BSCE or Bachelors in Construction Management are preferred
- Ability to bid and manage equipment and labor contracts
- Ideal candidate has utility experience and experience with T&D projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.