We are looking for a Lab Technician to work at a leading beverage manufacturing company in Atlanta, GA. This is a contract position expected to last 4 months and could be extended.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Samples, analyses, and releases ingredients and finished products to ensure that all products meet the quality standards of the company
- Performs daily laboratory analyses of ingredients and beverage base/concentrate.
- Assure the functioning of an area of the laboratory, including but not limited to: Correct SOP's are being properly followed, Records are complete, accurate and timely, Good laboratory practices are being followed, SPC, calibration and maintenance of instruments are done as required, etc.
- Performs analyses using wet chemical and general laboratory instrumentation (pH, titrators, analytical balances, density meters, spectrophotometer, GC, HPLC)
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology or equivalent experience
- Laboratory Practices: Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g., handling of chemicals and glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping)
- Instrumental Analysis: Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Laboratory Safety and Environmental Protection: The ability and willingness to apply environmental policies, OSHA policies and the hygiene plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.