Long term contract role for a CNC programmer. You will be responsible for
creating programs for CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software. Improve and optimize machining processes by reviewing material removal rates for optimum tool life and increased efficiency.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software. UG NX 11.2 is a must.
- Optimizing programs using Vericut is a must.
- Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process validations including operator training. Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to ensure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate. College or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of CNC programming experience to include three years' experience using CAD/CAM software is a must for CNC Programmer.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of CNC programming experience to include 5 years' experience using CAD/CAM software is a must for Senior CNC Programmer.
- Multi axis Mill/Turn and robotic experience is a plus.
- Must be able to react to normal machine scheduling and emergency requirements to maintain a steady flow of parts through CNC equipment. Assignments may also originate from opportunities that develop in the shop.
- Must have flexibility to work on Saturday's or late evening hours as needed.
- Create documents and verbally communicates in a clear, concise and effective format.
- Strong math background including trigonometry.
- CNC programming, CAD/CAM, mathematics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.