Growing tech company is seeking an Optical Engineer to join their team for an exciting project. The Optical Engineer will be performing basic and complex optical system, light solution design analysis; designing system-level optical simulations, develop and protect new IP and work closely with other engineers. The ideal candidate must have hands-on experience with modeling complex optical systems and light behavior analysis, strong understanding of optics, strong raytracing experience in both sequential and non-sequential software. The ideal candidate should have a PhD in Optics, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or Robotics.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 6am to 3pm
- Perform basic and complex optical system and light solution design analysis.
- Design system-level optical simulation models.
- Perform extensive optical and light behavior analysis.
- Interpret and report on results including recommendations on optimization.
- Mentor other non-optical engineers in the basics of light science and optical system behavior.
- Regularly develop and protect new IP
- Hands-on experience with modeling complex optical systems and light behavior analysis using
- Knowledge of optics, optical science and/or optical sensing.
- Knowledge of the color space, lux, CCT, use of empirical measurements, linear regression fitting
- Excellent in written communication with many published technical articles and patent filings.
- Strong raytracing experience in both sequential and non-sequential software (preference on Code-V and LightTools) of imaging and non-imaging optical systems.
- Experience and solid understanding of coating design.
- Experience with optical characterization and assembly of optical systems.
- PhD in Optics, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Robotics preferred
- Be an innovator and thought leader
- OPTICAL ENGINEER
- OPTICAL SYSTEMS
- SIMULATION MODELS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.