Sr. Robotics Engineer
job summary: Sr. Robotics Engineer
needed in the Charlotte, NC area
. Full time direct hire
opportunity with an industrial manufacturing customer. Customer is looking for an Engineer with a Robotics background. Strong focus with Robotic Programming/Troubleshooting and PLC programming/troubleshooting. Must have at least an Associates Degree focused in Engineering with 7+ years of direct experience. Client is offering full time benefits/stock options, strong base pay ($ 90 K- $110 K base
), + vacation time, relocation assistance for qualified candidates and a strong culture.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expert programming and maintenance knowledge of Fanuc and Motoman Robots.
- Maintain automation in Assembly, Machining and Foundry area are working efficiently.
- Makes programming changes on automated & manual equipment to improve uptime, improve recovery, reduce scrap, increase throughput.
- Maintain databases in Visual Basic (VB) languages, data collection, good understanding of networking and data collection.
- Manage Automation Changes driven by Customer needs or Product Design Changes.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems. Especially in Fanuc and Motoman robots, PLC logics of Allen Bradley make.
- Works with production supervisors, engineers and technicians responsible for supporting the hub assembly, rotor assembly, machine shop and foundry areas.
- Train others, create work instructions and standard work documents.
- Work with IT team to interface production cells to MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in a fast paced, automated manufacturing environment.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Automation, Electrical, Electronics, Robotics, Controls, or similar engineering degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Automation, Electrical, Electronics, Robotics, Controls, or similar engineering degree preferred
- Hands on Programming experience of Fanuc and Motoman robots (certification preferred).
- Hands on PLC and Ladder experience.
- Expert in trouble shooting issues in industrial automation.
- Reasoning & Decision Making Ability.
- Ability to solve practical problems, able to use structured problem solving like 5-Why, A3, 9-step and Six Sigma etc.
- Robotics, Motoman or Fanuc Robotics, PLC programming/troubleshooting and automotive.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.