Client involved in high voltage substation engineering & construction projects is looking for a Substation Designer/Drafter with 3-15+ years of experience designing the physical layout for high voltage substations. This position will start out as contract with the potential to transition to direct hire.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Prepare/create a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, high voltage substations
- Perform physical design on various high-voltage (69-550kV) substation projects
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects
- Read one line & three line diagrams and then do the design that is required and translate that to a physical layout or controls scheme
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- Develop drawing packages for construction contracts and bill of material for procurement specifications
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed
- 3-15+ years of experience as a Substation Drafter or Designer supporting high voltage substation projects
- You need specific experience designing the physical layout & electrical clearances of the substation
- You must be proficient with MicroStation or AutoCAD software (preferably both)
- You should have some experience with substation raceway design
- You need to be knowledgable with relevant codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field but direct substation experience is more important
- Client prefers candidates with physical layout substation design experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.