A Production Planner is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Fairport, NY area. This position will plan finished goods / component material supply from manufacturing departments. Plan and communicate procurement of components from contract manufacturers and external suppliers.
location: Fairport, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $16.00 - 28.98 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with Operations, Contract Manufacturers and Procurement to confirm production / shipping schedules and monitor open orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Maintain and monitor Master Data; revise essential system planning data to ensure MRP system is effectively planning future requirements.
- Creation and date sequencing of production orders.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings as required.
- Participate in Engineering Change Control process and maintain current drawing revision level in ERP system.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Supply Chain Planning experience required
- BA/BS is required, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline
- Working knowledge of ERP systems or planning software applications
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- APICS CPIM / CSCP certification or certification in progress preferable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.