Food and nutrition manufacturing company targeting a Refrigeration Maintenance Engineer for their facility in the Salinas CA area. This position will operate and repair the refrigerators and other utilities equipment.
location: Gilroy, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Operate and repair in refrigerators and other utility machinery.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, adjustments and repairs as indicated.
- Practice safe work habits and wear proper PPE. Follows proper lockout tagout
procedures as required. Complete all OSHA required training and correct and report any unsafe conditions as necessary.
- Hands-on knowledge of refrigerator operation and repair.
- Possess or ability to possess a valid EPA 608 ceritificate.
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems, repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with the plant's policies and procedures.
- More than 2 years experience in refrigeration operation preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work longer hours as necessary and that may include
weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.