A Mechanical Designer is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Clarksville, TN area. This position will produce, design, and document utilizing computer design and product life cycle management systems.
location: Clarksville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $19.00 - 45.03 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Unit Product Drawings- both detailed drawings and layouts.
- Maintain competency level of computer aided graphic system and other applications through company-provided training and materials.
- Assemblies, Solid and sheetmetal Modeling Utilizing Pro-Engineer Creo 2.0 and Wind-Chill.
- Work from oral or written engineering instructions, procedures, drawings, and sketches.
- 2 year associates degree in drafting/design or Trade/Technical School Design and CAD or equivalent Military Experience
- 2-4 years design and production environment.
- Prefer commercial products with sheet metal and electronics components.
- Recent experience with Pro-Engineer Creo 2.0 or Creo 4.0 3D solid modeling software and Wind-Chill PLM software is required.
- 2D/3D CAD - ProE Creo 2.0 and Windchill- 2 yrs. Commercial or industrial product design.
- Basic Part Design and Assembly (sheet metal is preferred, but plastic is okay)
- Schematics, Wiring and Electronic Component Experience OR Advanced CAD assembly
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.