Large utility has immediate need for a Gas Measurement Project Engineer in Jackson MI. Responsible for supporting measurement engineering capital project design and construction support. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months with an extension, could be long term. Per diem is available! Will work remote initially.
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Primary responsibility of the position is to act as a project or support engineer to assist capital projects. Provide technical expertise in measurement equipment's (Ultra sonic meters, Coriolis meters, Orifice meters, Gas Chromatograph and fuel meters, H2O, H2S, O2, CO2 and Hydro Carbon Dew point Analyzer, Flow computer, etc.) with capital project execution, installation, diagnostic, configuration and troubleshooting.
The engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; Regulation engineering, pipeline engineering, storage and compression engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Customer Account Managers, Customer Deliverability, Operational Technology, Gas Control and many others. As a project engineer, the individual's responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Project scoping, design engineering and design review/support - 50%
- Equipment/material procurement and Construction coordination/support - 30%
- Equipment specification research and development - 10%
- Field/O&M technical support - 10%
- Serving as primary project or support engineer on a wide variety of transmission measurement projects, including new /rebuild meter station(Interconnect/TMS sites), measurement equipment's (Ultra sonic meters, Coriolis meters, Orifice meters, Gas Chromatograph and fuel meters, H2O, H2S, O2, CO2 and Hydro Carbon Dew point Analyzer, Flow computer, etc.) upgrade/installation and other projects performed in support of gas quality improvement, safety, deliverability, integrity, and compliance.
- Interfacing with internal and external contacts in order to execute transmission measurement projects, including but not limited to Project Management, Project Controls, Supply Chain, Operations, Pipeline Integrity, Gas Control, and Real Estate, Storage, compression, pipeline and regulation engineering departments.
- Execution of engineering-specific project tasks, such as measurement equipment design, material selection, scope document creation, submission of purchase and service requisitions, project outage procedures, emergency plan revisions, drawings review, and field technical support.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (chemical, electrical, electronics, computer, instrument and control, fluid or related field)
- 6+ years gas measurement energy experience
- Energy industry background that includes natural gas pipeline layout design, Measurement equipment's install , chemical component analysis, Gas metering or similar
- Ability to research and determine design parameters for the most advanced technical problems/systems, processes, engineering and design issues
- Familiarity with Michigan Gas Safety Code
- AGA Gas classification
- PE preferred
- Frequent travel throughout the company's gas facility areas (city gates, pipeline, storage and compression facilities) may be required. The individual will need to be a self-starter and able to handle multiple work assignments.
skills: The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
- Familiarity with Michigan Gas Safety Code
- Masters or other advanced degree, ideally in a technical or scientific field of study
- Energy industry background that includes natural gas chemical component analysis, metering or similar
- Knowledge about Modbus communication, electronics devices configuration and crystal report development.
- Knowledge gas measurement devices configuration, Flow computer configuration, PLC programming is plus.
- AGA, API safety and gas measurement code decoding.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- CRYSTAL REPORT, PROBLEM SOLVING, MICROSOFT OFFICE, MS: ACCESS, NEGOTIATION, AND SOFTWARE APPLICATION USE
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.