A Designer is needed for a utility holding company in the East/Sioux Falls, SD area. This position will design facilities for new and existing customers according to Company Delivery Services construction standards and interpret administrative instructions for consistent and cost effective designs.
location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 23.24 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Provide distribution design project management for the least complex areas of design.
- Responsible for the generation of additional company revenue through contacts with new business or existing customers.
- Establish and manage the construction work plan with construction forces in order to meet the customers' schedule and design requirements as well as financial and budgetary requirements.
- Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies as required.
- Preferential consideration given to candidates having experience with SAP work management system, GIS/SmallWorld and gas and/or electric distribution.
- Additional software applications include Microsoft Word, Microsoft ECompany, SharePoint, Adobe Professional, Google Earth, and web based applications.
- Associates degree or higher in a technical field preferred with relevant work experience
- Design project management, SAP work management system, GIS/SmallWorld and gas and/or electric distribution.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft ECompany, SharePoint, Adobe Professional, Google Earth, and web based applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.