Leading manufacturer in the metals industry is targeting an Electrical Engineer for their production facility in the Chicago area. This position will work to maintain and improve the company's equipment and processes to ensure safe and profitable operation.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze, design, and execute solutions for process or equipment improvements.
- Assist Maintenance Department in troubleshooting and problem solving of process and equipment problems.
- Perform relevant technical work towards the completion of assigned Capital Projects.
- Help develop, expand, and maintain data acquisition software/hardware platforms.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Working experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- PLC troubleshooting/programming experience desired.
- Exposure to programming languages such as Java, C++, LabVIEW, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.