Senior Automation Engineer needed for a leading Medical Device Mfg located in Salt Lake City. In this role you will be responsible for machine design, fixture, design, equipment upgrades, developing new lines, sourcing, etc.
location: Salt Lake City, Utah
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience with the high volume fully automated production machines.
- Hands on experience with the following but not limited to: Machine design, machine fixture design, CAM driven machines, pneumatic actuators, servos, stepper motors, EFD dispensing valves, vision systems, sensors, sonic welding, pick-and-place mechanisms, pad printing, electrical test instruments, air-leak testers.
- Extensive experience with PLC (preferably Allen Bradley) control, HMI, I/Os
- Analyzes, plans, organizes and completes projects of a very complex nature. Develops scope and provides creative solutions. Plans, organizes and conducts technical projects. Consolidates results of design elements of major projects for purpose of design review. Integrates subsystems and components in total systems design. Develops specifications from customer requirements.
- Receives general project direction. Responsible for project progress.
- Decisions consistently affect multiple or critical projects in the business and may impact external relationships.
- Delivers communications tailored to the needs of the receiver (managers, peers, customers) with appropriate frequency to maximize its utility and promote cross-functional collaboration. Brings substantive conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively; builds consensus
- Manages training new/current employees with respect to documentation, use of equipment, laboratory techniques and department procedures. May routinely monitor or supervise the work of one or more employees. Provides input on performance evaluations to area manager.
- Experience with the electrical hardware, schematics, and wiring per NEMA STD is desired.
- Networking and automatic data acquisition.
- Determine machine requirements, evaluate needs and translate them into feasible and economical equipment solutions.
- Capable to perform reverse engineering, measure and spec out tooling, and create 3D models and 2D drawings. Must be proficient in Solidworks.
- Hands on
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.