Our client in Irvine is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with SMT who will work on projects, must understand PCB Assembly.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Designs assembly processes, initial cell layout and fixtures, equipment tooling specifications, build-and-support test stations, and defect metrics.
- Develops documentation such as manufacturing procedures, checklists, troubleshooting guides, and assembly quality plans with Project Technicians and Documentation Specialists. Uses these systems to train core assemblers for rapid transition of production responsibility to production personnel.
- Provide technical support and training to the assembly line including technical and management aspects of new build programs, assisting with development of inspection criteria, and solicitation of assembler feedback
- Performs manufacturability, rework and defect root cause analysis, implements corrective/preventative actions, and reports findings
- Works closely with Materials to assess project requirements, evaluate material issues, verify bill of materials, and communicate issues to the customer.
- Monitors and maintains project schedule and milestones, organizes internal meetings, and gives timely status reports.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) minimum, at least 2 years in relevant Manufacturing, Design, or similar environment. Familiar with major manufacturing principles and practices including Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean, Kanban, etc. Familiar with advanced PCB technologies and machinery including SMT, through-put, flying probe, etc.
- Time Management: Ability to track and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment with several simultaneous projects.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Math Ability: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, Contact Management, and preferably CAD.
- electromechanical, manufacturing, Six Sigma, Lean, Kanban, PCB, PCBA, SMT, CAD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.