Aviation and aerospace company is seeking a proactive Environmental Health & Safety Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Chemical Treatment Safety, Ergonomics, and Industrial Hygiene as it relates to the standards, testing and coordination of events. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
location: Compton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Supports the plant in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental, Health and Safety programs, ensuring workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions.
- Participates in HS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Maintains HS files and records.
- Conducts investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations. Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed. Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required.
- Modifies and implements compliance tracking programs and recordkeeping systems.
- Provides safety and environmental audits of new and existing equipment and processes; prepares recommendations and implement, as authorized.
- Responsible for managing the facility's Hazardous Waste Program according to the guidelines and responsibilities outlined in the facility's waste Management Program.
- Interprets applicable federal and state laws, regulations and orders as they pertain to all environmental and safety issues in the assigned facility.
- Directs external environmental and other consultant services as needed for technical support.
- Ensures necessary and timely environmental and safety record keeping, and submits report to federal/local authorities, and company management
- 5 - 10 Years Related Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Minimum 4 Year Degree
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- OSHA 30
- Emergency Response
- Respirator Training
- Knowledge of general machine shop practices and machinery
- Ability to develop and deliver HS training material for various personnel.
- Work may require the use of hand and power tools.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking significant distances.
- Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to safety and health (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, etc.).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.