Industrial Machinery & Equipment company is seeking an experienced New Product Development Senior Buyer to join their team. This position is an integral part in supporting the bridge between the engineering team and supply chain through Technical Specifications. They will coordinate activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree preferred and 10+ years of buyer experience.
location: Newberg, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Is able to bridge engineering and the supply chain as related to technical specifications. Much of this sourcing is very technical and engineering intensive.
- Coordinates activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Acts with a sense of urgency at all times and provides timely feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Ensures that we done everything we can to get past due items back on track and negotiates those terms with the suppliers.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Issues purchase orders/contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Reviews quality problems with engineering personnel and directs action required to correct defects.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity/services.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced while still meeting engineering specifications and schedule needs.
- Conducts periodic and special surveys of supplier's facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of quality control and ability to comply with engineering and quality specifications.
- Prepares periodic and special reports concerning team activities, corrective action requirements as it relates to suppliers and their quality systems, schedules, and rejected items.
- Leads supplier performance management for assigned vendors and provides feedback to suppliers and internal management on a regular basis.
- Prepares supplier management strategies and recommends to Team Leader.
- 10+ years experience as a Senior Buyer - preferable experience in New Product Development
- Bachelor's degree preferred - will be open to someone with a solid work history
- Handles stress in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to get along with others.
- Demonstrates successful attendance and punctuality.
- Works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.