Cutting edge, large and growing company is seeking an Electrical Engineer with strong Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design skills to join our team.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
This engineer will primarily develop and implement digital signal processing algorithms as well as firmware (FW) for interface communications, controls and/or data processing applications. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience designing large, complex FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog
- Experience designing filters in Matlab
- Experience implementing FIR filters and FFTs in FPGAs
- Working knowledge/course work of signal & image processing, digital communications and/or control theories
- Experience in Xilinx Programmable Devices or Altera programmable devices
- Experience using VHDL simulation tools
- Experience using synthesis tools including Synplify and back-end tools including Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Altera Quartus and others
- Experience and knowledge developing and selling off requirements for FPGAs
- 3+ years of professional experience designing large, complex FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog
- Experience developing DSP algorithms and FPGA designs using High Level Synthesis (HLS)
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as SRIO, Aurora Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing Chipscope
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Clearcase, or git
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience leading small to large FPGA design and verification teams
- Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces a plus
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python a plus
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent STEM major
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent STEM major
- FPGA, DSP, engineer, Firmware, algorithm optimization, verification
- This position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Preference for candidates that currently hold a clearance or have previously held one.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.