Mechanical/Industrial Process Engineer needed in the Charlotte, NC area. Full time direct hire opportunity with an industrial manufacturing customer. Customer is looking for an experienced Process Engineer with foundry or metals background. Strong focus with process improvement, lean and heavy industry experience. 7+ years of process improvement/lean experience from a foundry/steel or similar environment. Client is offering full time benefits/stock options, strong base pay, vacation time, relocation assistance for qualified candidates and a strong culture.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides problem solving and maintenance support to the organization, to optimize product quality and performance.
- Improve Foundry Process including quality, production, and equipment issues.
- Provides quotation support for the engineering group, from equipment prices to standard rates for production operations.
- Supports and provides all necessary production documentation, including Engineering Change Notices, Bills of Materials, Drawings, Specifications, and Process/Work Instructions.
- Provides the analysis of product performance and have modifications or changes performed on tooling or machines to improve quality and productivity.
- Provides research and development to maintain our competitive cast advantage.
- Inputs data and performs analyses of scrap, tooling conditions, and dimensions of parts in relation to prints.
- Participates in Advance Quality Planning, Scrap Reduction and Productivity Improvement projects / activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering degree preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in Foundry/Steel Engineering, Foundry Tooling Design, and Foundry/Steel Process Development / Engineering preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Decision Making: Analytical (securing relevant information and identifying key issues) - committing to an action after developing alternative courses and considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Making tough, timely decisions.
- Full understanding of equipment functions and process requirements.
- Full understanding of safety and quality requirements.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Coping with Ambiguity/ Complexity: Demonstrating the ability to understand, clarify and manage ambiguous and complex issues/circumstances.
- Planning and Project Management: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others on projects, spends resources wisely and produces the desired results.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism. Gets along with a wide variety of people.
- Communication skills: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Auto Cad and Pro-E.
- Blueprint reading to ANSI, ASTM, and Customer Specifications.
- Process Improvement, Lean, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.