A Telecommunications Design Engineer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Charlotte, NC area. This position will work directly with Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, and other commercial functions to support external customers with the creation and review of passive optical network designs and the generation of associated bills of material (BOMs) for Fiber-to-the-Home networks.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 37.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The Design Engineer must balance the goal of creating optimized solutions against an understanding of the customer's needs to best meet corporate objectives, both financial and strategic.
- The Design Engineer may be involved in projects that require review and interpretation of technical information, matching products to applications, and developing solutions for customers.
- This position will require utilization of analytical skills and principles of passive optical network design to achieve desired objectives. The individual should be capable of identifying potential issues and formulating options to resolve these issues.
- It is the responsibility of the Design Engineer to understand individual product specifications, capabilities, and limitations with respect to customer objectives.
- 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from accredited program is required. Technology degrees will not be considered.
- 2 or more years of experience in passive optical network design for Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) or related experience in the telecommunications industry strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with current desktop computer software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD and other electronic drafting or GIS-based mapping tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.