Controls Engineer needed for a leading equipment manufacturer located in Northeast, WI.
location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Develops "from scratch" PLC programs and HMI applications.
- Works with mechanical engineers for development and maintenance of machine Functional Descriptions.
- Conducts research and development activities as required.
- Troubleshoot programming issues during startup and testing of machines and machines out in the field.
- May provide remote support as needed.
- Maintains vendor relationships for technical support and awareness of new and competitive technologies.
- Reviews, maintains, and implements current machine safety control protocols.
- Applies creative and innovative solutions to projects.
- May participate in design kickoff and design review meetings.
- May travel to customer sites and trade shows.
- Takes an active role in development of Controls Engineers.
- Leads the effort in improving engineering procedures and creating standards for machine control, PLC programs and HMI applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Associate's degree in a similar field with equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years developing motion controls for a variety of equipment
- Team player
- Problem Solver
- Critical thinker
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.