A Supplier Quality Engineer is needed for a global power leader in the Seymour, IN area. This position selects, develops, manages, and ensures defect-free performance of the business' supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement. Leads processes to drive improvements. Resolves supplier quality issues.
location: Seymour, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $19.00 - 31.67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Participates in supplier evaluation, selection, and strategic sourcing process development.
- Responsible for the supplier corrective action process including containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Oversees the supplier quality resources for new product introduction and current products to reduce supplier related issues, improve process capabilities, and ensure timely project launches.
- Responsible for determining if all requirements are met by the supplier for new or changed products.
- Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets.
- Bachelors' Degrees. Degrees in any areas of engineering are preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years applicable experience is required.
- This hire will be responsible for submitting and approving PPAPs for different components so PPAP and AIAG core tools experience (PFMEA; APQP, etc.) is absolutely required.
- Experience with Control Plans is needed.
- Experience with Metrology is needed.
- Gauge R & R
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Problem solving tools such as 8Ds, 5 Whys, 7 steps.
- Automotive industry experience including process/techniques, engine assembly, general assembly and parts is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 / IATF 16949
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) is also a nice to have.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.