Tech company is seeking a Camera Visualization & Prototyping Engineer to join their exciting AR/VR teams. The Camera Visualization & Prototyping Engineer will be simulating & visualizing AR/VR camera use cases, create presentations and technical reports for proposed products, coordinating and gathering of data for imaging simulations The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar role, experience with cameras and imaging devices and concepts, Experience with Matlab & Python scripting and scientific visualization and le abto streamline a workflow (with guidance) that can generate data and assemble it from multiple source. Must have a Masters degree experience in a STEM field such as physics, electrical engineering, imaging science, optics, or computer science.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 83 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- simulating & visualizing AR/VR camera use cases, and assistance in creating presentations and technical reports for proposed imaging products to be shared with cross functional groups
- Additional tasks include coordination and gathering of data for imaging simulations, and possibly some rapid prototyping
- Understands of details of signal processing, imaging science, optics, such as Fourier transform, aliasing, convolution, PSFs, etc. as they pertain to imaging with cameras
- Experience with imaging system simulation.
- Strong coding abilities in Matlab, Python, C++.
- Previous experience generating visualizations for AR/VR use cases & rapid prototyping in platforms such as Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Experience with prototyping, calibration, or evaluation of multiple camera systems.
- Candidate should have at least 6 years of experience in the field.
- Familiar with cameras and imaging devices and concepts; understanding key parameters and functionality of cameras; understands and familiar with important metrics in imaging metrology and evaluation
- Good technical and visual communication skills; able to arrange scientific data in an intuitive manner for presentation to cross-functional groups
- Experience with Matlab & Python scripting and scientific visualization or presentation of scientific data;
- Able to streamline a workflow (with guidance) that can generate data and assemble it from multiple sources; can develop a workflow that runs Matlab or Python scripts and generating a reports or visualizations from them
- Interest and ability to generate AR/VR use case visualizations in 3D programs like Blender to illustrate new device concepts and imaging ideas (can learn on the job)
- Ability to work in the lab and capture data using sensor dev boards, imaging charts, and lighting setups
Master's degree and experience in a STEM field such as physics, electrical engineering, imaging science, optics, or computer science
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.