A global aviation leader near Coral Gables, FL is seeking a Manufacturing Manager. Manufacturing Manager must have experience in a direct manufacturing position, working on aerospace development programs or production lines heavily involving a range of manufacturing methods and techniques; experience in aerospace production programs a plus.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Setup of the new harness production work areas, including layouts, tooling and equipment setup, etc.
- Assist with transition from development to production, including qualification schedules and first articles.
- Responsible for the estimating of labor, tooling, processing steps for repair activities of various cable harnesses, including but not limited to signal cables, RF cables, fiber optic cables, high data rate cables, power cables, potting processes, etc.
- Responsible for the estimating of labor, tooling, processing steps for fabrication, test control units, as well as instrumentation panels and data system integration. Support development testing of all assembled units, panels and data systems as required.
- Responsible for generating and/or modifying written work orders to match intent of engineer drawings, specifications, manufacturer instructions and special fabrication requirements in sequential fabrication order with data and pedigree recording with quality inspection points to close out.
- Assist engineering with the development of processes and procedures for associated development and flight harnesses and equipment.
- Ensure test systems are setup per Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) and Qualification Test Procedures (QTPs).
- Assist in resolving operational issues found during process testing.
- Perform second party verification and hardware inspections to engineering models, drawings, specifications, and written procedures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for area safety and efficiency.
- BS in Engineering discipline or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years in a direct manufacturing position, working on aerospace development programs or production lines heavily involving a range of manufacturing methods and techniques; experience in aerospace production programs a plus.
- Experience with harsh environment cable harness assemblies including power, signal, fiber optic, and high data rate cables.
- Has worked with any of the following: IPC/WHMA-A-620, MIL-DTL-22520, NASA-STD-8739, J-STD-001, and/or ANSI/ESD S20.20.
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to apply continuous improvement terminology/tools: LEAN, 6S, Six Sigma principles/DFSS/Lean design principles, Value Stream, and Kaizen.
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Fast learner; flexible
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.