Aerospace company seeks an experienced Reliability Test Engineer to join their team. This role will be responsible for performing Instrument System level acceptance testing & subassembly testing of complex chemical instruments for production test department. The job involves preparing writing, reviewing, & modifying test procedures, setup up test benches for specific test to be performed, performing the testing of systems, assemblies, subassemblies, electronics, electromechanical, & sensor systems, preparing documentation of test results or of test discrepancies & performing the troubleshooting & failure analysis of the hardware under test.
location: San Dimas, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform various technician functions associated with testing a variety of complex chemical instruments.
- Set up & operate a variety of test equipment
- Test electronic units using prescribed test procedures
- Configure & or verify regular test equipment to fit special tests
- Interpret & record test results
- Utilize a variety of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot to component level
- Recognize & isolate test equipment failures with assistance
- Perform high potential testing
- Read & interpret assembly & test instructions, engineering prints & standards
- Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, prints & standards)
- Generate Non-Conforming Material reject tags. Work with Engineers on Engineering Evaluation Plans as required
- Recognize & take steps to resolve test/work area issues
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Associates degree in related technical field or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years direct experience in electronic test & troubleshooting.
- Good reading, writing, & math skills; good computer skills; knowledge of office software apps; understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components; ability to read & interpret assembly/test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, & schematics.
- Ability to ready & follow written & verbal instructions, use diagnostic & hand tools, effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels, understand & operate electronic test equipment & handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Customer satisfaction
- Great Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.