The Process Engineer will be a key player in executing the Fuse Development Roadmap in the electric vehicle industry. Functions of this role include creation of prototype concepts, tooling, and processes for new product development, coordinating the implementation of higher volume prototype methods to global manufacturing facilities, and to isolate and identify quality, design, and manufacturing problems to team while creating action plans to remediate.
Must be self-motivated, organized, and innovative individuals who have good attention to detail and work well with a team. This person will be accountable for execution of engineering development tasks and coordination with project managers to ensure successful and on-time completion of development projects.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 30% of time will be focused on the development of prototype and production processes "Hands on"
- 30% of time will be spent building and inspecting prototype parts with drawings and/or work instructions
- 30% of this engineer's time will be utilized for coordinating with global manufacturing facilities to transition advanced prototype processes and assist with development production-level processes.
- The remainder of time will be contributing during project design reviews to develop concepts using tolerance stack-ups and GD&T, ensuring designs are manufacturable and processes are functional / debugged by the start of production.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant experience
- 10+ years experience in the development of processes for high-tech electrical, thermal, or electromechanical components or 5+ years if experience is within Automotive industry.
- Comfortable working in a Hands On environment
- Specific experience in circuit protection devices or thermal devices would be ideal, but not a required
- Experience with Automotive APQP and Quality process a plus.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art engineering tools and processes a plus.
- Proven track record in project execution and working multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.