Sr. System Safety Engineer
Amazing opportunity to be part of a large and growing company and to influence the safety of their manufacturing processes. The Senior System Safety Engineer who will have the opportunity to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams with the objective to oversee system safety within major development programs.
location: Portsmouth, Rhode Island
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities will include:
- System safety
- Software safety
- Occupational safety and health
- Hazard management
- Environmental compliance
- Serving as a system safety technical expert across multiple programs.
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 4+ years of safety engineering experience
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Ideally looking for candidates that already have an active clearance.
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards, including MIL-STD-882
- Experience with the U. S. Navy Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB)
- Experience with occupational safety and health compliance standards and regulations applicable to both commercial systems and military weapon systems
- Exposure to software safety standards, such as STANAG 4404 and the Joint Services Software Safety Committee Software System Safety Handbook
- Experience in Safety Fault Tree, Mission Thread Analysis, and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Experience in Hazard Tracking databases, and hazardous materials identification and management
- Experience with the U. S. Navy Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB), the System Software Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP) and Fuze and Initiation System Technical Review Panel (FISTRP)
- Contractual bidding process experience with military customers
- Professional certification as a Certified Safety Professional
- Existing secret clearance is a huge plus
- Safety professional, military system safety standards, MIL-STD-882, U. S. Navy Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB),occupational safety and health compliance standards and regulations (commercial systems and military weapon systems) STANAG 4404 and the Joint Services Software Safety Committee Software System Safety Handbook, (FRACAS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.