Great client has an n immediate need for a Component Engineer for Obsolescence and DMSMS (diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages). This company is one that you can truly grow your career at with limitless opportunities.
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Monitoring program systems to identify obsolescence risks
- Investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts
- Supporting Obsolescence Management Working groups and Integrated Product teams
- Reporting system obsolescence health statistics
- Maintaining various obsolescence databases.
- In this role, your responsibilities may also include financial reporting such as earned value management, workload planning, and support to proposal efforts.
- 4+ years' of relevant engineering experience
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science Strong Preference for Electrical Engineering Degrees)
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience assisting in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Knowledge of 'data mining' solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- 6Sigma specialist
- Background in component engineering, including guiding component selection.
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Experience assisting in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience assisting with development of technical and cost proposals.
- Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
- Operations, Component engineering, Procurement Management systems, manufacturing, suppliers, quality, SAP Prism,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.