We have an immediate need for a Component Engineer to monitor program systems to identify obsolescence risks
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts
- Supporting Obsolescence Management working groups and Integrated Product teams
- Reporting system obsolescence health statistics
- Maintaining obsolescence databases
In this role, you may also be involved with financial reporting, including:
- Earned Value Management
- Workload planning
- Support to proposal efforts
qualifications: Required Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
- Component knowledge
- Experience in working with obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Knowledge of 'data mining' solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- 6 Sigma experience
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Component Engineer, obsolescence mitigation, product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.