Innovative and exciting start-up is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team in Los Angeles, CA. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead the design of various systems and sub-systems related to operations such as machine parts, support systems, support system equipment, segment production, passenger/construction vehicles and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience working in a hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing. Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering required, Masters preferred.
location: Gardena, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 6am to 3pm
- Lead the design of various systems and sub-systems related to operations such as machine parts, support systems, support system equipment, segment production, passenger/construction vehicles and infrastructure.
- Employ competent use of judgment, hand calculations, FEA and CAD to develop and communicate designs.
- Ensure that design choices are in line with the top level needs with consideration for future developments.
- Act as a subject matter expert for mechanical design projects
- Provide assistance and direction to other team members as needed.
- Evaluate how the system fits into the bigger picture
- Ensure all systems are compliant with appropriate regulations such as MSHA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location.
- Own project schedule to ensure timely completion from conception to implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Master's preferred
- 5+ years of experience in design, build and testing.
- Experience in creating manufacturing drawings and reviewing drawings before release.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing
- High level of machine design.
- Experience in creating manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledgeable in mechatronics, mechanism design, fluid power system concepts and design, dynamics, material selection, testing methods, and common machining and fabrication processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Hands on mentality
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other disciplines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel to job sites as required
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.