A Cost Engineer is needed for a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering in the Ridgecrest, CA area.
location: Ridgecrest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyzing and estimating extensive architectural/engineering alterations and modifications to existing facilities and new facilities.
- Analysis of designs, drawings, proposals, scopes of work, and/or specifications to determine cost projections: and developing comprehension budget cost estimates for complex construction assemblies and building systems composites for all facility project types, ranging from multi- family housing facilities to very complex industrial and operational facilities.
- Development of detailed cost estimates for project under construction either Design-Build or Design-Bid-Build.
- Knowledge of construction task-based scheduling, productivity rates, and development of crews and task durations.
- Experience with the use of Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, cost engineering software and other systems and software used by the program.
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM), specifically Revit is desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working with Cost Estimating on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued in excess of $50 million.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience using Costworks and Success Estimator as well as Mil (Microcomputer Aided Cost Estimating System Second Generation) cost estimating software.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) desired.
- Registration as a U.S. Registered Architect (RA) or Professional Engineer (PE) desired.
- Familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) is required.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications, and be qualified to be a project/program estimate team leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.