A Structural Engineer is needed for a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering in the Ridgecrest, CA area.
location: Ridgecrest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Review contract drawings and specifications (including RFPs) for constructability and conformance to existing field conditions
- Prepare a government conformed set of contract documents (DB and DBB).
- Attend post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (PAK). Pre-construction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meeting. design review meetings, weekly progress meetings, and Facility Turnover Planning Meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone).
- Review and approve contractor's submittals for conformance with the requirements of the contract drawings and specifications. Review and approve shop drawings. samples of materials and components, catalog information, certificates of compliance. Value Engineering Change Proposals (VECPs); and provide technical responses to Requests for Information (RFls).
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering (or certified equivalent).
- A minimum of I0 years of Experience as a Structural Designer on commercial/Industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued in excess of $10 million.
- Must be Registered PE
- Experience with P6
- Preparation of an independent government estimate (IGE)
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of the modification of over $250.000.
- Provide technical support to the acquisition team for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation and resolution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.