A Construction Manager is needed for a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering in the Ridgecrest, CA area.
location: Ridgecrest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Review contract drawings and specifications for constructability and conformance to base operations constraints and existing field conditions.
- Coordinate and/or attend post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (PAK), preconstruction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meetings, design review meetings, weekly progress meetings, and Facility Turnover Planning Meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone).
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and solicit input from the Engineering Technician/Quality Assurance (ET/QA) representatives, review CQC reports and attend QC and progress meetings. Recommend necessary action to assure contractor's quality control program is operating effectively and in accordance with the contract requirements
- Maintain a contract file to support the completion of requirements under FAR 1.604 and DFARS PGI 20 I .60 2-2(v).
- Review Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
- BA in Engineering or Construction Manager or related field: Architecture, Engineering Technology
- 7+ years of experience as a Construction Manager Project Manager, or Project Field Engineer on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts valued in excess of $I0 million.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) / Registered Architect (RA) desired.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) is highly desired.
- Experience working on NAVFAC or ACOE projects or for NAYFAC or ACOE desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.