Growing, established and very reputable manufacturer located in the Sarasota, Florida area is looking to hire a promotable Quality Systems Engineer.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $85k to $95k plus a bonus and relocation assistance is available.
The ideal candidate will be looking for an opportunity to be groomed to be a quality leader who is passionate about implementing Quality Management Systems, who is persuasive and builds internal relationships and possesses a background in Lean/Continuous Improvement.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for operating the Quality Management System (QMS), facilitate writing procedures and implement processes to support QMS development
- Provide training and champion the QMS improvement process. Oversee effective implementation of standards/processes throughout the business units including any 3rd party accreditations
- Ensure the company's processes meet requirement by identifying gaps and work with cross functional teams to convert those findings into corrective actions
- Coordinate the review of quality procedures associated with plant continuous improvement initiatives
- Help facilitate frequent and detailed process audits while ensuring that the products and processes in a manufacturing setting are consistent and meet both industry and internal standards
- Maintain the Quality Manual, Procedures, Work Instructions, Standard Work and ensure contents are appropriate for business
- Set up, organize and manage the plant(s) internal audit system and the corrective action reporting systems
- Host external Quality System audits
- Provide training on quality issues and business processes
- Collate quality data for monitoring targets
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- Candidates must have knowledge of Quality Management Systems & EQMS/EHQS software
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Access and/or relational database, ERP systems for data manipulation and report creation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.