IMMEDIATE NEED!!! Engineering client involved in Power Generation & Utility Transmission & Distribution design build projects is looking for a Sr. Project Expediter for a long term contract opportunity in Atlanta, GA. You need 7-10+ years of experience related to procurement and expediting in support of heavy industrial EPC projects.
location: Fairburn, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Manage communication between the client, project team and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects
- Quality review the receipt, inspection, approval and return of all deliverables required by the contract
- Manage contract package requirements with the supplier's production schedule to ensure project milestones are being met
- Lead the project team to provide accurate and timely reports of project status
- Quality review the expediting process to identify and elevate potential fabrication issues or shipment delays and direct a resolution or recovery plan
- Consult with the supplier and the jobsite to coordinate deliveries and identify, report and resolve discrepancies
- Quality review the final documentation to satisfy payment milestones and contract completion
- Provide leadership, training, and instruction to other Expeditors
- 7-10+ years of overall procurement and project expediting experience as an Expeditor, Buyer, Purchaser, or Procurement Specialist supporting heavy industrial EPC projects
- The ideal candidate has experience supporting utility substation, transmission line or distribution line engineering & construction projects
- Proficiency in material and submittal tracking and reporting software highly desirable
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Client prefers candidates with a BS or AS degree, but will consider candidates with equivalent experience
- You need a good understanding of Primavera scheduling reports
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with clients, suppliers and colleagues
- The ability to intuitively follow the logical flow of production and fabrication schedules and understanding the obligations involved with contracts and procurement.
- Ideal candidate has experience with utility T&D project experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.