Design Engineering/Construction company in the greater Nashville area is seeking a Project Manager with a mechanical construction background to add to its team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with construction project management, mechanical/HVAC design preferred. This individual will serve as a team lead and help grow the team in this newer location.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Managing and coordinating mechanical industrial construction projects from conception to completion
- Estimating and selling projects of various types: plan/spec, design/assist, design/build.
- Ordering materials/equipment; issue subcontracts, develop billings, complete and manage RFIs and change orders
- Maintaining a working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract.
- Working at and manage subcontractors on construction sites
- Analyzing, managing and mitigating project risks along with company's safety department, as well as ensure safety on the job sites.
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Serve as team lead and mentor to help shape and grow the location
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- At least 5 years' working experience in Construction Management or related field.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Possess a strong understanding of detail drawing review
- Ability to manage and work with subcontractors, technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with construction management software packages---overall strong computer skills.
- Proficient in P6 or Microsoft Project and able to provide examples of a project resource loaded schedule that they have personally built.
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to work with changing deadlines and priorities
- Experience with estimating is a plus.
- Previous leadership experience
- HVAC Design, HVAC and Piping systems
- Construction Project Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction management software
- Microsoft Project or P6
- 5+ years of industry experience
- BS. in Mechanical or Construction Engineering
- Team leadership/supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.