Controls Engineer needed for a client located just outside of Indianapolis. Candidates will be heavily involved in designing, operating and refining customized PLC based control systems to operate material handling and manufacturing process systems. Salary is based on experience.
location: Indianapolis, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Create discrete component to PLC based, HMI control designs to operate simple to complex mechanical systems including robotics.
- Write PLC software programs using Ladder Logic Utilize AutoCad to develop control panel layouts, control schematics, ladder logic diagrams and P&ID prints.
- Create project Bill of Material listing all designed-in components
- Travel 25% of the time to customer locations to obtain design criteria, commissioning, operating, and troubleshooting of fully integrated control systems.
- BS or AAS degree in EE, EET or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens PLCs along with CTC, Panelview, or Siemens HMI's
- Experience with Fanuc and Motoman robotic controllers.
- Experience with Keyence and Cognex vision systems a plus.
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCad.
- Good Benefits
- Some travel
- Opportunities for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.