Assembly Operations Process Engineer opportunity with an automotive manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will provide overall support to the pilot line and assembly training center readiness and operations to include planning and problem solving as needed depending on the project phase.
location: Vance, Alabama
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan and implement needed readiness activities and hardware/tooling for training activities in the assembly shop
- Preparation of content, timing, schedules and methods of training activities of assembly team members including product training and general training requirements
- Development of training methods and process including the use of digital tools and virtual reality technology
- Coordination of training activities in assembly training center to achieve on-time qualification status
- Preparation of reporting tools and key performance indicators (KPI's) to describe current status and support decision making
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Approximately 2 years experience in Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Technical Planning, and/or Training (will consider candidates with Co-Op/ internship experience)
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive parts and systems
- CAD software skills
- Project Management experience
- Strong computer (MS Office) skills
- Technical problem solving and analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.