Growing manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Buyer candidate. This position is located near Troy, Michigan. The Buyer will be responsible for the analysis, negotiation, and procurement of raw materials and services.
The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $50K to $65K, plus an opportunity for a bonus. All candidates must be authorized to working in the United States.
location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
- Create a 'plan for every part' process to ensure business continuity and effective supply chain strategies
- Ensure required documentation is in place to ensure compliance i.e. ROHS, MSDS, Harmony, and Tariff codes
- Ensures on-time delivery performance and quality from suppliers by expediting purchase orders, following up on back up orders, and notifying operations of expected delivery dates
- 3+ years of procurement/supply chain experience for a manufacturing company, electronics experience is a big PLUS!
- Strong data-driven and analytical skill set is required
- Strong background with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Concepts
- Manufacturing, Production, Plastics, Procurement, ERP, Lean Manufacturing, Strategic Thinking, Analytics, Negotiation, Raw Materials, Cost Savings
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.