A world leader in drone development for the defense industry is looking for a Perception Engineer to join their team in Huntsville, Alabama. This company recently released two new militarized drones and is quickly growing. The Perception Engineer will will help the Autonomy team research, design, and develop the best Computer Vision (CV) based perception algorithms and software in autonomous drone technology.
The salary is commensurate with experience up to $200K plus relocation assistance, health, dental, vision, and 401K.
All applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
location: Huntsville, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works closely with the Perception Lead and other Algorithms and Software engineers in the Autonomy team to help research, design, develop, prototype, and implement perception algorithms and software
- Assists with sensor selection, calibration, and integration
- Makes sensor recommendations to meet application specific requirements
- Researches and develops Computer Vision based Perception and Machine Learning algorithms for autonomous flight
- Designs algorithms and simulates in MATLAB / Simulink, ROS, Gazebo, etc. platforms
- Writes space and time optimized software in C/C++
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- 1-3 years experience in R&D and implementation of Perception algorithms and software
- Ability to develop algorithms for real-time object tracking and localization, motion tracking, depth sensing, 3D reconstruction, and sensor fusion
- Experience with developing real time 6 DoF Pose Estimation / 3D Mapping / VIO
/ SLAM algorithms in the context of Robotics (or AR / VR)
- Ability to implement embedded vision algorithms using OpenCV, C/C++, and OpenCL/CUDA
- Great Communicator
- Team Player
- C++ / CUDA / OpenCL, writes Algos in MATLAB / ROS / Gazebo
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.