Well established and stable facilities services company is seeking an experienced Facilities Electrician for a direct hire position south of Richmond, VA.
location: Waverly, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $41,600 - 49,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- The Electrician will be responsible for both preventive and corrective electric maintenance work and small scale upgrades and installations for a correctional facility
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of all electrical equipment, lighting systems, generators, Automatic Transfer Switches, uninterrupted power supplies (UPS), communication systems, switches and power circuits
- Troubleshoot and locate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments
- Maintain emergency generators and high voltage switch gear
- Active Electrical License in the state of Virginia (or able to get licensed)
- 5+ years electrical construction or electrical maintenance experience in commercial environments - must be very proficient at troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal back ground check
- Must be a team player, have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and desire to succeed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.