We are searching for a CAD Designer in Watertown, WI to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer.
location: Watertown, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Originates, develops and checks creative conceptual mechanical and electrical design schematics, details, assemblies in a complete and accurate manner.
- Create and maintain purchased component parts database.
- Demonstrates ability to develop high quality, economical designs as demonstrated through ease of assembly and simplicity of design.
- Establishes designs for major products requiring comprehensive knowledge of industrial practices and engineering principals and understands the software-based nature of major product lines.
- Consults with manufacturing engineers on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products.
- Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineered drafting work
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, IEC, and NEC.
- Proactively seeks efficiency related to design techniques, documentation, and process enhancements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.