The Quality Director is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Management System. The Quality Director will be fully responsible for implementing safe systems of work and safe behavioral practices at all levels of the organization. This position provides Quality direction to the organization and supports the operations process in order to maintain and continually improve the quality, safety, health and performance, in line with the organization's needs to comply with business objectives and local, state and federal regulations.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop, implement, manage and improve QHSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, OSHA, and ASTM.
- Communicates information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organization and promotes Quality awareness through various communication channels.
- Prepare Quality documentation for clients/projects as per the requirements and in consultation with the BD / Operations team.
- Undertake Quality inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Develops, facilitate and review risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Record Quality key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Provide leadership to the QHSE team to ensure the company's policies and procedures meet the approved budget and guidelines.
- Set and monitor performance KPIs for the QHSE team and support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE Standards.
- Develops, implements and encourages a strong safety culture in the organization through safe job observations and top management inspections
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited university, in manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering is preferred. Other engineering or science degrees will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in Quality Management
- Must have experience leading a company through ISO registration.
- Certified Quality Engineer
- ISO qualified / trained / experience
- TQM certification / training / experience
- leader, communication, standards and operating processes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.