As a Project Leader in Sustaining Engineering, you will lead cross-functional Sustaining Engineering project teams to complete product branding transition projects from planning through implementation. This position is for someone who is goal driven and enjoys working in a dedicated cross-functional team environment.
An appropriate candidate must be a flexible, self-directed, organized, dependable, proactive, and persistent project leader. He or she must effectively plan and manage projects, lead and coach project team members, solve problems, and make decisions with limited direction.
location: Acton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- A company is in the process of transitioning branding medical products logo. Branding standards have been developed that provide guidance on transition to new branding. A portfolio of existing medical products has been identified for transition to the new logo. Related project-based duties of the Sustaining Engineering Project Leader role include overall coordination and responsibility for execution of the following:
- Comprehensive review of products, associated product packaging and product literature (i.e. Directions for Use) for identification of all instances where the current logo is present including details as to how the logo is applied (label, printed, molded-in, user-interface, etc.) and associated cost of the change (cost of goods and project expense). Assistance will be provided to develop cost estimates.
- Development of branding transition proposal with Marketing representative and Graphic Design representative (User Experience and/or Technical Publications) for transition of each instance to the new branding standard.
- Approval of the branding proposal by the Branding Council/Products (BC/P)
- Engineering Change Request development including changes to part numbers and bill of materials.
- Engineering Change processing (execution of changes)
- Collaboration with Procurement for appropriate Supplier involvement
- Collaboration with Materials Management for management of inventory transition optimization and establishment of introduction timing.
- Development and performance to project schedules
- Bachelor's degree - Technical/Engineering Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of applied project management experience
- Applied experience with Office Suite applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, R&D, QA, Regulatory, Sourcing, and Operations.
- Prior ERP (preferably SAP) experience including DIRs, BOMs, MMDS, and Engineering Changes
- Previous project management experience for similar project scope
- Primary responsibilities will be to effectively organize and lead cross-functional project teams using project management skills. Using your strong planning, organization, and collaboration skills, you will independently manage the projects with limited supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.