The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and evaluation of electromechanical systems for distributed power generation products for high volume manufacturing. This position supports sales, applications, manufacturing, service, and other activities within the organization to comply with business objectives and ensure high quality production and deployment of equipment
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and evaluate electrical power generation systems (synchronous, inverter based, etc.) for use in hybrid distributed energy systems that utilize CHP, solar PV, and battery storage products.
- Design and evaluate engine controls systems (process analysis, controller selection, controller programming, PID tuning, etc.).
- Design and evaluate electrical power generation systems including, engine applications, fuel and exhaust systems, emission control systems, vibration and noise analysis, power transmission systems, brackets and enclosures, and component fixturing.
- Prepare engineering drawings, layouts, and assembly documentation for mechanical devices and systems, especially those related to continuously operating rotating equipment to be installed in various climates. These drawings indicate required materials, dimensions, fastening methods, and other essential elements that are needed for assembly.
- Develop short and long-term test and evaluation methods for equipment including thermal, vibration, and noise analysis, environmental limitations, component life and MTBF/MTTR metrics, etc.
- Assure product quality by designing in-process and end-of-line mechanical system QC inspections and test method.
- Provide ongoing product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
- Initiate engineering change orders to ensure timely and accurate production changes as a result of internal/external customer needs, supply chain changes, manufacturing process streamlining, and cost reduction targets.
- Develop and maintain document management systems for critical design documentation, installation and operation manuals, performance calculators, and marketing specifications.
- Communicates development status and technical information throughout the organization.
- Undertake routine inspections by third-party certification bodies as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and/or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Develops and reviews product and application risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Record engineering key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team to ensure the company's policies and procedures meet the approved budget and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited university, in electrical engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in product development and applications.
- Working knowledge of continuous duty generators, inverters, solar PV, and energy storage systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in dealing with conflict resolution, team building, contract negotiation, sales generation, corporate development, quality management, engineering, and goal setting.
- PLC programming experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- critical thinking, communication, team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.