Aerospace company is seeking a Sustainment - Test Engineer to lead their Engineering Supply Chain Projects. This role includes planning and execution of supply chain work transfer projects and assist suppliers in manufacturing systems, parts and assemblies or supplier parts. This individual will also support work transfer projects with suppliers to establish the requirements, quality standards and adopt most efficient techniques to support manufacture parts to print that ensure quality. The Sustainment Test Engineer will conduct the project planning, test planning, test procedure/report development and execution efforts to meet the goals of work transfer projects. This candidate will be an active participant in the Supply Chain transformation.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead over all planning and execution of work transfer activities to support projects aimed at cost savings and solving current/future production issues.
- Support the fabrication of complex machined parts and sub-assemblies by providing technical expertise and support for suppliers.
- Experience with component testing, FEA, Stress analysis & Material properties.
- Expertise with component level DFMEA - PFMEA for Aerospace parts.
- Develop Test plans and procedures to verify and validate the parts meet design specifications and requirements.
- Conduct Engineering analysis and testing to confirm design meets requirements.
- Prepare part risk assessments and conduct them with the suppliers.
- Review manufacturing processes to ensure they will yield parts compliant to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate with various departments and team members to understand design intent and communicate to the suppliers.
- Review suppliers manufacturing capabilities.
- Assist suppliers in clarifying requirements, resolving problems related to the manufacture of parts.
- Review product design specifications and provide technical guidance to suppliers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering AND 7+ years of Sustainment/ Test Engineering experience.
- Strong test planning background, analytical skills, able to infer engineering schematics and communicate design intent.
- Expertise developing test plans, procedure and reports.
- Must have experience testing prototype, pilot and production parts.
- Experience developing plans and conducting Qualification by Test, Qualification by simulation OR Qualification by Analysis as required.
- Experience in a Supply Chain Manufacturing/Sustainment Engineering role leading work transfer projects is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate an ability to understand complex design schematics/procedures.
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.