A Quality Technician is needed for a manufacturer of optics products in the Bartlett, TN area. This position will be a part of cross-functional teams to solve quality issues.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $18.50 - 19.67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Performs incoming or first article inspection.
- Creates supporting records and reports.
- Understand lot sampling per ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008.
- Perform final/sterile release of products.
- Perform in-process inspections.
- Perform label inspection.
- Perform DHR final review.
- Perform specified functional inspection tests.
- Communicate inspection information to Operations and Quality personnel.
- Initiate NCR (non-conforming report) and/or coordinate MRB activities.
- Utilize knowledge of quality metrics and statistical metrics i.e. population mean, process capability and standard deviation.
- Initiate change orders to support Quality Engineering to maintain Quality documentation (Inspection instructions, work instructions, etc.).
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A two (2) year Technical Degree is preferred.
- A minimum 2-4 years of experience in a Quality Control regulated industry is required. or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASQ Certification preferred 1 plus years of Metrology experience. Knowledge of ISO 13485/FDA quality system regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Must have working knowledge of quality metrics and statistical metrics i.e population mean, process capability and standard deviation.
- Must be able to complete basic charts using Microsoft tools. Must have an understanding of statistical tools and be able to identify outliers in data.
- Must have knowledge and experience to operate the following inspection tools: Caliper ,Micrometer Optical Comparator, CMMP in Gages, Microscope.
- Must have the knowledge and experience to operate the following advanced measurement systems: Vision System, Smart Scope, Intermediate computer skills as required to perform job duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.