Privately held global manufacturing company located in Tucson, AZ is currently in search for a Sr Production Supervisor to join their growing team. The Sr. Production Supervisor is responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of a group of production and support workers in a major department of a plant or the entire plant on a given shift, depending upon the size of the operation. Schedules and supervises production, implements process improvements and is responsible for the safety and productivity of the workforce and the quality of the product. Ensures that the production schedules are met. May also be responsible for maintenance depending on the size of the operations and the needs of the business.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Supervises manufacturing activities in a high Speed automated assembly environment. Manages all productivity and quality-related issues within the manufacturing team
- Hires, develops and trains direct labor personnel
- Monitors production, technical and support personnel
- Monitors and reports on shift-related key performance indicators (KPI's), including scrap monitoring.
- Undertakes special projects as required
- Promotes and uses techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma and Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing)
- Contributes and supports continuous improvement activities on lead processes
- Position requires an individual who is enthusiastic, hardworking and has a "can-do" attitude.
- Ensures that safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies and procedures are followed
- Initiates and documents Safety Corrective Actions and ensures on-time completion
- Initiates and oversees quality and process improvements
- Leads and carries safety and quality process auditing
qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS or BA degree in business or technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing supervision
- Strong Lean manufacturing and six sigma toolset a must.
- Ability to lead improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material
- Excellent leadership skills - high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change and strong manufacturing competencies
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Post graduate education with MBA degree.
- Prior Plant Management and budget responsibility.
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in injection molding, high speed automation, cellular manufacturing and/or extrusion
- production supervisor, production manager, operations manager, six sigma, high speed, manufacturing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.