Privately held global manufacturing located in Tuscon, AZ is currently in search for a Sr Service Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer troubleshooting skill both hardware and software. Sr Service Engineer should have good knowledge of electronics along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Senior Service Engineer provides technical phone support to diagnose hardware, software and/or communications failures on all components of Pump Station Systems, Central Control, and other Golf or Commercial products. This person must be familiar with a variety of irrigation, engineering, and pump station design concepts, practices, and procedures.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide technical phone support to customers, distributors, and field personnel
- Coordinate with engineering and service departments to develop and ensure that service performance and quality specifications are met
- Identify replacement service parts as required
- Provide remote troubleshooting of repair irrigation components, including valves, rotors, electronic controllers flow sensors, and other products
- Remotely work with on-site technicians as required for installation, maintenance, or repair projects
- Prepare and conduct training, remotely and in a classroom environment.
- Travel as necessary, including overnight, to meet at specific distributor or customer sites. Up to 25% travel may be required.
- Support the development and implementation of revenue generating services such as central control programming
- Provide field information to engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing
- Track, report, and follow-up on product and technical issues using established escalation processes
qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- B. S. Degree in Engineering plus 3-5 years relevant experience preferred or Associates Degree in Agriculture-Turf grass Management or Business, plus 10 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills, both hardware and software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Direct customer service and support experience
- Knowledge of electronics
- Assist in documentation improvement projects to ensure field support personnel have adequate troubleshooting and operation manuals
- Willingness to travel on an as needed basis
- Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language(s)
- Irrigation, golf course service and Golf Central Control programming experience
- Previous experience with people management and financial controls management
- electronics, pump stations, hardware, software, troubleshooting, irrigation components, valves, rotors, electronic controllers, flow sensors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.